JL Air Conditioning - J and L Air Conditioning and Heating

New York, New York 7 comments

They were sent out by American Home Shield to look at my air conditioning unit because it was blowing hot air.I told the tech the first trip out that we think there was probably a leak instead he just charged it up and told us that AHS doesn't operate like that.

We had to call them up again after it stopped blowing cold air. So we called J and L again days later and they concluded that we needed a new evaporator coil. AHS wouldn't cover it. We got an independent contractor out for a second opinion.

Turns out the unit was repairable and we didn't need a new evaporator coil. Because of J and L my family and I had to live in hot humid conditions in our home for 8 full days.

They work for to milk the home warranty companies.BEWARE!

Comments

Same thing happened to me with as with Jennifer above on 5/23/10.WORD for WORD!

Stay away from AHS they are truly horrible and rude. Couldn't care less about the customer.

J&L wants payment upfront because they are afraid I won't pay after the work is done.That gives me a lot of confidence in them

They were supposed to come to my house today between 10am & 3pm because our A/C was not cooling.They did not show up.

I took the day off from work. When I called to see what was going on, she said they could come by some time tomorrow. What happened to our appointment?!?

American Home Shield is horrible to deal with and so is J&L!The lady/receptionist for J & L is horribly rude and flat out lies.

Terrible company, incompetent staff, horrible customer service. I have been without a/c for two weeks and I cant get them to so much as call me back.

If this is the same J& L, it is located in Bedford, Texas.I too, have had problems with this compant (J&L).

They were sent out by One Guard Warranty Company, their air tech put his foot through my attic floor and into my entry way foyer and 4 weeks later still don't have it fixed. They have given me the runaround, don't want to pay a reputable company to repair my home to its original condition, and want to use their own guy who has a full-time job witht he airlines and does drywall on the side. Needless to say. I'm frustrated and angry.

The drywall guy said he's busy doing another job on the side and will call us in a week to "try" to schedule us. I'm filing complaints with the BBB and with the Texas licensing bureau. They also didn't pull a permit in my town to perform the repair (violation and can be fined.) They are supposed to register with the building separtment on a yearly basis to perform work in my town and theyir registration expired alomost 2 years ago.

STAY AWAY FROM J&L based out of BEDFORD TEXAS!!!!Their license number is TACLB016904E.

Regarding the last comment I've also called Joanne Simpson operator of pissed consumer.com {this web-site} several times and have not received a phone call back.This web-site is based out of N.Y.Anyways still waiting for a call back.

For the past 3 months I've ask what city and state this complaint regarding JL air conditioning and AHS was filed with no responce. Would like to know where this took place . Please respond ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What city and state is thisa company located in ?Please respond.

View more comments